|Photo from Christian Poetry|
Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It’s God’s gift from start to finish! We don’t play the major role.
Then again down in the 10th verse I read:
- God thinks about humanity, He makes plans for us
- God wants to shower humanity with kindness and grace
- God will do what He wants for humanity through Jesus
- He wants to save us from the natural destruction that living according to our flesh will result in
- God wants to give us salvation, He doesn't want to make us work for it
- He has a purpose for humanity
- He has good works that he planned for us to do
What does this mean to me? As I think about pray about it, this is what comes to mind:
- I'm loved
- I've got lots of both kindness and grace in my life
- I'm created to be an example of how good, kind, and full of grace God is
- I'm supposed to give what I've received - I need to every day look for ways to extend God's kindness and grace to other people. As I think on this I'm hit right now by the need to be praying throughout the day as I work or live with people - OK Lord, how exactly do You want me to extend Your grace and kindness to this person right now?
- My life is not some thing of chance. God's got a plan for me. He's prepared good stuff for me to be doing. I have purpose.
Oh Father, may Your Word work in me. May I know and experience in my deepest part, Your mercy and kindness. May the joy of these gifts permeate my life. Holy Spirit, please remind and prompt me throughout my days to let You show me how to extend mercy and kindness to the people I encounter.