Tuesday, October 17, 2017

His Power working in Us


Power
Graphic from Edge Church Colorado
As I'm finishing off this 3rd chapter in Ephesians, I've come to the last 2 verses. Ephesians 3:20-21 (NKJV):

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,  to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

What an awesome passage!  God can do good for us beyond what we can imagine by His Spirit working in us!

Peterson, in his The Message paraphrase, adds this additional insight to the part about "according to the power that works within us" in the 2nd half of the 20th verse:

 He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.


This part stands out to me today because I'm thinking that God always wants to do good for me, but sometimes I get in the way. His power has to work in me so that I am able to experience Him doing more than I can think of or ask. I need to be changed.

This doesn't come as a huge shock since I'm acutely aware of the fact that myself and everyone else is broken.

Oh Father work in me.  May I remain open to You and doing what You want and in Your way throughout this day. Help me keep Your attitude and not get critical or cynical.  Help me be Your woman at my job, with John, when I'm driving - just in everything today.  Show me where I need to change and then please empower me to change.  Thank You for loving me.  Thank You for having good plans for me.  Thank You for all the hope You bring.  I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment