Monday, December 31, 2018

God's stamp of Approval on being Different

Image result for stamp of approval
Graphic from Gwain
I'm especially fond of the way The Amplified Bible states Ephesians 4:7:

Yet grace [God’s undeserved favor] was given to each one of us [not indiscriminately, but in different ways] in proportion to the measure of Christ’s [rich and abundant] gift.

I think that part of why this delights me so is because it's saying that it's God's goodness to us that He made us different.  Throughout this fourth chapter of Ephesians Paul's been stressing the need for unity in the Body of Christ; but he's not saying that unity equals uniformity.  This helps me feel a great sense of relief because, if the truth be known, I'm a bit...hummm...perhaps one could say eccentric.  When my 3 sons were coming into their teens they all went through their version of noticing how our family was different in the way we operated and did things than most others; that I was kind of a different type of person.  I'm grateful to be reassured that that's not only OK with God; he wants me to be who I am - this is who he made me. 

Thank You Father that You don't expect me to be some kind of super Christian wonder woman type.  That You made me exactly who I am.  Father, help me follow You and sense Your leading, help me move in instant obedience.  May I get to minister to others in a larger capacity than ever before in the coming year. By larger You know Father that I don't mean more noticed; just getting to maybe reach more people or some people more deeply.  Father help me love on people, encourage people, and have opportunities to teach or facilitate in the coming year.  Thank You that You care about me and made me who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment